Improve the look of your home with copper gutters & downspouts
3 Reasons To Choose Copper Gutters & Downspout Installation For Your Home
- No corrosion: Copper gutters and downspouts won’t ever rust or corrode, providing excellent durability. Copper gutters naturally weather to a blue-green patina, but they can be cleaned to their original color or treated for a different color patina.
- Soldered joints: With other gutters, joints are sealed with special sealants that sometimes need to be renewed to prevent leaks. However, the joints in copper gutters are soldered together just like copper plumbing connections, so you never need to worry about leaks.
- Craftsmanship and quality: Copper gutters and downspouts definitely make a statement about craftsmanship and quality. Instead of blending into the roof structure like seamless aluminum gutters, copper gutters stand out, showing off their supports and their unique patina.
Copper Gutters and Downspouts Installation Process
1. Brackets: A technician screws gutter brackets to the fascia board, allowing for proper pitch.
2. End caps: After the gutter has been cut to length, end caps are soldered to create a watertight seal and gutters hangers are attached.
3. Seams:Long gutter runs are created by soldering separate sections at the seams.
4. Holes” Workers drill a hole in the gutter at each downspout outlets location
5. Downspouts: Wall brackets secure each downspout to the sidewall.