You rely on your roof to protect your property. Roof inspections, alongside roof repair and maintenance as needed, are one of the best ways to ensure your roof stays in good condition.
The roofing experts at Colonial Contracting, Inc. recommend scheduling a roof inspection twice a year — in the spring and fall — because that’s when Northern Virginia and Maryland experience more severe weather.
Benefits of Routine Roof Inspections
Invest in routine roof inspections for your peace of mind. Having a trained roof complete the job:
- Allows you to find any issues before they get worse and become more costly to repair
- Reduces the risk of needing emergency roof repairs and premature roof replacement
- Protects your property from problems caused by roof damage, like pests or water intrusion
- Keeps you informed about the state of your roof and when you may need a replacement
- Reduces the likelihood that your insurance company will deny potential claims due to lack of maintenance
Why Do I Need To Schedule a Roof Inspection?
A deteriorating roof is more prone to storm damage. It’s important to get roof inspections regularly, especially if you live in Northern Virginia or Maryland, where we experience harsh weather, such as:
- Hail, which can crack or dent shingles
- Wind, which can tear shingles off your roof and cause trees and powerlines to fall
- Ice, which thaws and refreezes, expanding the roofing material and causing leaks over time
Sometimes, storm damage can go unnoticed by property owners, so it’s important to hire a professional to inspect your roofing system.
Professional vs. DIY Inspections
You may think that you could visually inspect your roof yourself, but many problems aren’t visible from the ground — and you should never climb on your roof and risk hurting yourself.
Instead, reach out to a trusted, local roofing company to schedule a roof inspection. Roofing contractors are highly trained and know what to look for, including problems that may seem insignificant to the untrained eye.
Choose CCI for Roof Inspections in NOVA & MD
When you’re ready to schedule a roof inspection or need any other roofing services, reach out to the professionals at Colonial Contracting, Inc.
We’re a top-tier roofing company serving business owners and homeowners throughout Northern Virginia and Maryland. We follow a thorough roof inspection checklist to ensure that everything is covered. If there’s a problem with your roofing system, we’ll find it and repair it.
Contact us online or call (703) 754-9551 today to schedule a roof inspection with a member of our team.